All posts in category Paleo Nutrition & Lifestyle
Posted by Mike Norris on September 14, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on September 7, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on August 24, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on July 27, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on July 5, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on June 29, 2012
“5 minutes on this machine is like working out for 30 minutes!”, I overheard someone say last week. My son and I looked at each other and I said to him, ” You know what’s like working out for 30 minutes?” He replied, ” Working out for 30 minutes!”
Quick fixes are everywhere you turn. There are pills, diets, surgery and on and on. Well I’m going to let you in on a health and fitness secret. Now if I told you to cover your screen and not tell anyone, that this was top-secret and I’m only charging you 5 installments of $19.95 for this information and for the next 10 minutes I’ll throw in some super secret fat melting pills developed by NASA scientists for a secret mission to Mars…well, you’d already be entering your credit card information. however, pay no attention to my advice because it’s based on proven science and results and I’m giving it away for free. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS OR QUICK FIXES. You get out what you put in.
Here are 5 simple truths:
1. It does really start with food (Insert credit to WHOLE9 here). See the paleo way of eating. It works, period.
2. Exercise. Move around a lot at a normal pace. Lift heavy things. Get some intense interval training or sprinting.
3. Stress. Get proper rest. Manage stress through exercise and meditation or yoga. Adopt a positive mental attitude.
4. All of the above are LIFESTYLE CHANGES. You can’t expect to put in temporary effort and get permanent results.
5. If you put as much effort into the above that you do trying to find a way around them then you will achieve the results that you want.
*This is the truth and the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
Posted by Mike Norris on June 19, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on June 15, 2012
A different perspective on what is considered food porn. Last week during the GORUCK Challenge in San Francisco, packets of almond butter, tanka bars and a larabar tasted like the best thing I’d ever eaten.
Posted by Mike Norris on June 8, 2012
Posted by Mike Norris on June 1, 2012